I have used acrylics, from the vellajo and citadel ranges, for this paint project and some artist acrylic which I prefer for washes. The gamer acrylics have been hard to control there is no working them, they pretty much dry fairly quickly and that is that. With the artists acrylics they are designed to be worked (as an alternatives for oils) after the initial application.
The hat is that funny colour (not the finished colour) because I washed the miniature with panes grey before commencing, I needed that to pick out the detail so I had some reference points to start working with (I'm new to this game). I've given the canteen an extra coat of panes grey and I'll leave that be
Before adding the butternut to the trews, I was happy to keep the brown colour you can see here which is brown-black artist acrylic un-thinned. I applied it, then with an old brush rubbed away excess paint from the high points. I was happy with this and would have kept it if I hadn't wanted to trial the buttenut, you probably noticed that I have started applying a butternut finish on the rear.
These last two shots are pretty similar, in the second I just wanted to get a look from slightly below (no I'm not up skirting/shirting, in fact I've never even heard of the term before). Obviously he isn't finished but I am for now, I'll ponder (bit like pudle-ing only slightly larger) for a bit before coming back to it.
Feel free to criticize/observe/advise, I certainly have and I'll write them all up once the job is complete. For now however I'll keep the self criticism just that.