Tuesday 10 November 2015

Dark Ages Fun: painting some Norman foot thugs

Well, with the cavalry waiting for some support I thought I had better get some infantry/dismounted together. They're finished but I couldn't be arsed taking more photo's until I have the shields and spears in place so we will have to make do with the nearly finished photo's.

I started painting the whole swag, 40 figures, in one go, I pretty quickly realised that was not going to work so then broke them down into three more manageable groups although the confusion had set in by then and to be honest I think they have taken me a lot longer to paint than if I had divided them in small batches straight from the off.

anyway here they are...

Ich





Ni




San



Chi (a few more photo's of the mounted thuggery)





as usual thanks for looking






12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers Michael thanks for stopping by and taking a look, not tremendous yet but close

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Michael I think everyone secretly likes a few thugs in their army, helps shift stubborn opposition

      Delete
  3. Lovely work on these tough looking troops, Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you could swing by and give them a few pointers on how to look suave and just a tad debonair in their armour Dean ;-)

      Delete
  4. They're coming along very nicely indeed. Keep it up Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look splendid, excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Phil, always appreciated. By the way nice little potted history on 1866.

      Delete
  6. Will do Ray, I'm having some fun painting these....... and then I realise I still have the shields and spears to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite a bunch of sweet and tender hooligans... :) fantastic artwork, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Good, bad or otherwise I love to hear what you think..... mostly