Wednesday 30 October 2013

We fade to biege: French SYW wip

Not to grey as the song goes! Now I have no problem whatsoever of shadowing white with grey tones but I'm thinking of introducing more off white to beige shade tones for my white uniforms etc. With the sudden desertion of a number of grenadiers from the la Reine Regt. to the Grenadiers du France some more recruits have been drafted to fill the holes in the la Reine establishment, what better time to try out some fading to beige.




Grenadiers are nearly ready for basing, I just have to remember where I put the bases and flock n stuff.


2 comments:

  1. White is such a pain in the butt to paint and make it look nice. I think the beige shading works very well, I may give it a go myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to work out from a base coat of a stone colour, then an antique white, then a pure white.

    ReplyDelete

Good, bad or otherwise I love to hear what you think..... mostly